Monday, August 11, 2014

Trend to Try: Ribbons


Can we flashback to age 5 when little girls took pride in picking out ribbons, or at least I did. I don't know if you've noticed, but I tend to go back to styles that kids use ie., frilly socks, ribbons, etc. It may be since I am only about ten years past said age that I condone dressing younger than you are (in moderation.. my moma drives a mini, doesn't wear one) or the fact that I still shop in the children sections. Even though ribbons may be seen as "preppy," I simply see them as lady like ways to amp up a simple pony tail. I find alternate ways to use the pieces of fabric such as tying them on handbags and replacing ankle straps with them, usually doubling them to get a sort of gladiator sandal look. I will always think of them as cheap ways to add color and patterns to any accessory, even if I'm borrowing them from the little girls that I babysit.


I usually do this, but with flats

Even though this is a scarf, I do the same thing with ribbons

1 via vogue // 2 via pinterest (Bruce Weber) // 3 via style.com // 4 via pinterest 


No comments:

Post a Comment