Friday, May 16, 2014

Can you do the 'Cannes, Cannes'?

My first knowledge of the Cannes Film Festival was when I watched Mr. Bean's Holiday. He tracks his way all over Paris to get to Cannes (and meets Sabine on the way, who is fabulous). Ever since then I have been fascinated with not only the fashion, but also the culture. I love film and celebrities, but the red carpet is my favorite part of any awards show or party. Here is a look at some of my favorite looks from the red carpet so far, and how I would dress, if I was to be on the red carpet.


Zoe Saldana is amazing and always so well dressed. I love this Victoria Beckham number straight off of the Fall 2014/2015  runway // Cate Blanchett is always one of my favorites on and off the red carpet. She looks stunning in this Valentino gown.
1 + 2, via vogue.com

Here's what I would wear to the film festival (if money was no object)


This Katie Ermilio dress is heaven! This yellow would look so good against the red carpet! This look is totally channeling Julianne Moore and I'm totally okay with it. Ugh! I would never take this dress off. I also love the blue and the print from these Marc Jacobs heels and I think they would contrast the yellow well.



I've always been a huge fan of Temperley London, and this dress is a good example why. I love the color blocking and the shades of the colors, which is why I opted to choose a similar color shoe to compliment the top panel of the dress.


How gorgeous is this guipure lace Marc Jacobs gown? I would kill to wear this beaded gown! I chose these dark green heels because I though it played off of the dark colors in the dress, and I even though I could see a greenish tint. You wouldn't need any jewelry with this look.

So basically I just want to be famous so I can wear gorgeous gowns on the red carpet.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment