Thursday, March 13, 2014

Celebrating Bill Cunningham

Who would have ever thought that the legendary street style and social scene photographer, Bill Cunningham, would be 85 years old. When I first heard of him, I didn't think he was a day over 60. In all of his years, he has learned how to maneuver the city on his iconic bike with his blue jacket. I was drawn to him when I saw a spread of his work in the Times, I was blown away that an old man, in a worn out blue jacket, could have such an eye for fashion. Not having any public relationships or family, it seems as if Cunningham has given his life to the temperamental streets and galas of New York City to give us our dose of fashion, and increase our love for a legend. Oh how lucky we are to be of the same generation as this innovator.
Remember, "we all get dressed for Bill." (Anna Wintour).

Take a look at some of my favorite Bill Cunningham spreads. If you're looking for an amazing documentary to watch on him, Bill Cunningham New York is a very intimate look into his world.













all images via new york times

No comments:

Post a Comment