Sunday, June 15, 2014

Inspiration: A Bug's Life

As of lately I have oddly been drawn to bugs, especially scientific interpretations of the creatures, like the one above. I think it would be so neat to have something like this in my room, but for some designer, they thought butterflies and other bugs would do well on clothes and accessories. Temperley London experimented with butterflies in their Resort 2015 collection. The long maxi skirts paired with the white shirts and sweaters scream Carolina Herrera, but in Alice Temperley's voice. The designer stayed true to her roots with beautiful prints, embroidery, and evening gowns. Along with the boxy jackets with the popped collars (the only way I wear my collars), there were prints featuring butterflies in all different colors. I've noticed this entomology from Temperley's fellow British designer, Sophia Webster. Her latest line of accessories consist of high heels and clutches displaying leather butterflies with cutouts and bug puns (love a good pun). I also saw an awesome bag made from beetle wing coverings (also called elytra), which I can't find a picture of, so I included a pair of earrings made with the same wings below. I don't think there will be any squealing with these particular creepy crawleys.


 1-4 via style.com // 5-7 via sophiawebster.com // 8 via etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment