Monday, June 2, 2014

Get to Know


I'm starting a new series of posts called 'Get to Know' where I will find people who I think display a very special, confident style, and have them answer a couple of questions. Mainly I just wanted to see if some other people were as kooky and fashion oriented as I am. So to start, I will post my answers to the questions, some fashion related, others not.

1. Style Icon(s): Audrey Hepburn, my spirit animal, and Poppy Delevingne, my soul sister, and Mira Duma, my russian doll

 

Favorite Designer: Temperley London, Stella McCartney, Rochas, Giambattista Valli, MSGM, too many to choose from! I try to be rather "label-less," so I like to mix labels or designers (in my head since I can't afford them), so I don't get caught up in wearing the clothes for the label and not the look.



One thing you can't live without: My camera/phone. I'm probably the most sentimental person ever, so I am constantly documenting my life with pictures, writing things down that people say in a note pad.. yeah it's pretty bad.

 Why you love fashion: I don't love fashion, I live off of fashion. It's my lifeline, my best friend, my worst enemy, my everything. I can't drive down the road without seeing something and being inspired by it. It's my way of escaping reality and putting myself in a new place for a day or even for a couple of hours. It helps me feel like myself and gives me confidence. And most importantly, it helps me remember my memories. Weird, I know, but I can look at an outfit in my closet and remember exactly what I did in it, where I went, and who I was I with. Fashion is teaches me to dream, appreciate what I have, and work for what I don't, and I am forever grateful because of it.

Style Aesthetic: This is possibly the hardest question on the planet for me.. I consider myself to be feminine, masculine, structured, loose-fitting, boho, vintage, classic, and about any other adjective you could think of. I love to try everything, and mix everything, but basically, if I find something that I think is beautiful, I'll try it.

On my Wish List: These Miu Miu booties are so fun and borderline ugly that I am obsessed with them It's obvious that I love old style, but this is like I'm about to go out to a women's suffrage rally. I don't know what it is about them, but I am loving them. I think that this bathing suit is so fun and flirty and I hope that the weather this summer is warm and constant so I won't have to take it off. Who doesn't want a classic chanel bag? Well this camera bag is in the smartest hue and makes me want to cry. Lastly, this skort from Topshop is so fun and almost looks like a globe, which can help soothe my desires to travel.
  
 

 
       
One person (dead or alive) you would love to have lunch with: Gregory Peck! I'm naming my son after the ideal dad I never had.


Fashion celebrity you would like to shadow: Leandra Medine. She is so crazy and hysterical I just love her! And I guess she doesn't dress that bad... 


What city/place can you see yourself living in?: This is so hard for me! I love the mountains in Asheville, New York City (obviously), and London because I am such an anglophile! Maybe I'll be blessed enough to marry a brit, live in NYC, and have time to visit my family back home. 

Favorite Movie: Fashion movie/best movie ever, Breakfast at Tiffany's for obvious reasoning and Fried Green Tomatoes because I'm a southern girl at heart and it has such a good story! (and the costume designer is Elizabeth McBride)



Favorite Book: William Faulker's "As I Lay Dying." Since my mom is an English Teacher, I love reading and I love analyzing books. This novel seems like a simple story of a family, but is very deep and emotional if you can get to the real point. I recommend this book to everyone!


If you were a shoe, what kind would you be: A satin, pointed toe heel.

Most treasured possession: My perfume ring that has my initials on it. Usually I am against monograms of all kinds, but this is very near and dear to my heart. My mom gave it to me on my 13th birthday. She has one, and so does my aunt, who has since given it to her daughter.


I hope you have enjoyed this post! Look forward to Elizabeth Hawn of Atlanta State of Mind, and my dear friend Lindsey Hoover, who I think has impeccable style! If you would like to be featured, either comment below or email me at josephandella@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment