Thursday, May 29, 2014

Inspiration: Crowns and Ice Cream


If there are two things I love, it's ice cream and crowns. The crown is a given because my friends call me Queenie (Queen Elizabeth, obiously), but ice cream I love because it symbolizes summer and warmer weather. I can't wait to get out of this dreary weather rut, even though I love storms. I just want to be able to wear denim cut offs and wrap my hair in scarves all summer with my favorite sunglasses, that look exactly like Karen Walker sunnies. I have a lot on my plate this summer, but I'm looking forward to all of them. First I'm going to a journalism camp, which just shows how big of a journalism nerd I am... but I'm taking an online class which will hopefully help me with my blogging (Lord knows I need it). Then later I am going to a camp at NC State at the School of Textiles for Fashion Business and I couldn't be more excited. After that I'm off to a nice relaxing week at the lake with my family, where I will be devouring every fashion magazine in sight because I still haven't even read my April issues.... I'm also hoping to work more on my photography, which is why the Terry Richardson photo above is my inspiration. My friend Casey and I have recently been obsessed with the look of raw photography. Terry Richardson does all of his pictures with a plain white background that contrasts the darker tone of the subject, which I think is beautiful. We are hopefully going to invest in disposable cameras (if invest is the right word). They are so beautiful because you only have one chance to take a picture and there is no delete button, which I think gives everything a very natural, raw look. So cheers to summer and the freedom that comes along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment